Saturday, March 6, 2010

Madison Square Garden: Muse & Silversun Pickups Concert

Home of the worst nachos EVER!


Seriously disappointing. I was craving some yummy nachos the entire day of the event but when I finally got them, they were bland with no flavor whatsoever. If I ever expected to eat nachos in prison or hell, take your pick, then this is what I bet they would taste like. And much to my dismay, there was not even an option to have them with jalapenos or salsa. What kind of crap is that?! You'd think an arena in a city like NYC that is known for its food would have better cheese than that. I'm sorry Madison Square Garden, cheap cheese is grounds for a divorce. Next time I'm smuggling in some nachos & jalapenos from 7-11!

On to the show... Started off bad. I couldn't even see straight when Silversun Pickups came on. Lucky me, I selected the section in which I was subjected to a strobe light turning on and off and blinding me the entire show. It was so bad that I had to put my hand up to block it.


I was cursing myself for not bringing a purse big enough to contain my oversized moviestar sunglasses because I sure as hell needed them. Then the light switched from a seizure inducing strobe to straight interrogation style. I was just waiting for someone to come out and start asking me questions like, "Where were you on the night of October 12th, 2009?" The music was great but sorry Charlie, when I pay close to $300 for a seat, I don't appreciate being blinded like that. I am still seeing spots and it's been over 12 hours since the concert ended. If this shit is permanent, I'm going to sue you! Lighting director for Silversun Pickups needs his ass kicked if he thought that lighting was kosher for people sitting in section 58. Everyone in my vicinity was pissed off!!

After Silversun Pickups stopped torturing... *ahem* playing, Muse came on and saved the day with their kickass stage and show. At first I was a little concerned that my seats sucked because of these long columns that were obstructing my view of the stage. Couple that with the light action and I was pretty concerned during the entire intermission.

Fortunately, the columns ended up being platforms and part of the stage. Muse was elevated and began their amazing performance.


They catered to the entire audience with a spinning stage so even people that were initially sitting behind the stage when Silversun Pickups went on still had a pretty good view.


The musical experience was incredible. It was like an auditory and sensory overload, and I mean that in a good way. Thankfully, there were no annoying lights to speak of. My seats suddenly became the best seats in the house and I ended up having a great time.


I'd probably go back for a concert again but I'd recommend avoiding that section (58) or the one directly across from it on the other side in case the opening band decides to barrage you with a constantly flashing search and rescue light. That light was so bright, I felt like I was staring at an actual sun... A Silversun that is! Maybe that was what the lighting director was going for, hence their name, but I really felt violated. I will say that I loved hearing Silversun Pickups play Panic Switch and Lazy Eye. I just wish I could have opened my eyes to watch their performance.
blog comments powered by Disqus