Thursday, April 5, 2007

Facebook Sucks!

As many of you already know, I have had some bumps along the way with my Facebook account. I've been deleted several times and no one at their customer service department can seem to tell me what I did wrong.

I think my first strike was when I was just learning the Facebook ropes and was adding people to get my page going. I remember being a newbie and not knowing how stuff worked so I'd come across a message that said "be careful, you are going to hit a wall" or something like that when I was adding people. While I thought it was strange, I kept on going to "hit the wall" or find out what the hell it meant. What can I say, I was intrigued and I did not know that they will lock you out of your account if you add too many people in one day. I guess that saying is right... curiousity definitely killed this cat. So lesson learned there and that was my very first strike on my account... Ooooh I am such a bad girl, trying to make too many friends on Facebook. Tsk tsk!

The next few times I got deleted, I have no friggin' clue what I did but I managed to get my profile back thanks in part to an email campaign from you guys. And while I am on the subject, I just wanted to say thanks for always being in my corner! You guys are awesome!

The last time I got deleted, they gave me an excuse that someone had given me moderator privledges in a group and someone posted an image that violated the terms of service. With my busy schedule, I didn't pay attention to the fact that someone had uploaded something or even made me a moderator in the first place. I thought that was pretty lame but I could not get the customer service rep to remove the strike from my account. At that time, she threatened me that if I had any more strikes against my account, then they would get rid of me for good. I braced myself for them making up another reason to kick me off and started walking on eggshells so that I could attempt to keep my profile. I was hoping they might leave me alone once and for all. After having my profiles on sites like MySpace and CherryTap, I should know what the terms of service rules are. I'm not an idiot, for the most part, I know what not to post. I kept on following the rules until yesterday I got a message from one of my friends that my Facebook account was down again. Sure enough, he was right (special thanks James for giving me the heads up). They had in fact deleted me again. I can't say I was surprised although quite some time had gone by without any problems from them.

So here is the deal... I guess I shouldn't want to stay as it is obvious that I'm not welcome but the point is, I had almost 6000 friends on there. I spent a bunch of time approving all those people one by one (they don't have the approve 10 at a time feature like myspace does) and then clicked the boxes to signify where I knew the person from. And you know what... it's not fair so I'm going to stand up for myself.

Which leads me to this... I'm asking you to help me out if you wouldn't mind. Can you please write a letter to Facebook and back me up here? I'd really appreciate it. Here's the email address to send your complaints to.

appeals-comment@facebook.com

Threaten to delete your account, tell them you will never join, just let them have it in general. Here's a sample letter that you can copy (ctrl+c or apple+c) and paste (ctrl+v or apple+v) if you are lazy...

Subject: Bring back Bobbi Billard!

You deleted Bobbi Billard off of Facebook. Please immediately reinstate her account!

Sincerely,

I'm getting sick of these power tripper sites that like to fuck with the models on there. I don't get why they don't understand that we have the power to help their sites, not hinder them. I meant no harm and I miss being able to correspond with you guys on there.

Anyway, thanks again for hearing me out and I appreciate all of you guys' support. Love you guys! Mwaa!

XoXoX,
BB

UPDATE: They reinstated my account! Thanks you guys! Unfortunately, they are saying the same thing that they told me last time... that this is my final warning blah blah blah. I'm going to duke it out with the customer service rep and tell him why my strikes should be removed and explain that I shouldn't even have any strikes in the first place. I got an A in debate... bring it motherfucker! I'm not going to take this shit because I know I didn't do anything wrong. Plus, I need all the room for error I can get since the customer service reps seem to give you a strike and close down your account for no reason, ya know? Anyway... I will keep you guys posted and once again... THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love you guys! Mwaa!

0 comments: