Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Movie Star! Woohoo!

I just found out that I think I must have made the cut in the movie Phat Girlz. I shot for this project a long while back. Some of you may remember the behind the scenes gallery going up in my members area. The photos were behind the scenes shots from that day. And if you are a member... you probably wondered why I decided to call it "Phat Girls" eh?

And speaking of that... I need to change the name of that members area gallery to be spelled correctly. I didn't realize that the movie title was going to be spelled like "Girlz" instead of "Girls". Gosh it really sucks being a perfectionist sometimes!

So now I've finally been in a movie... my very first movie! I got a credit and everything (Bobbi Billard - Bikini Girl... woohoo!)... only I didn't even get to go see it. Damnit! Wouldn't you know it? I saw that it had came out in the theaters but being that it wasn't in out for very long, I missed my opportunity to catch the movie on the big screen and see if I wound up on the cutting room floor or not. And I didn't make an announcement for this very reason. I wanted to be sure that I was in the actual movie before I said anything. To be honest, I wasn't that hopeful that I would make the cut. They had told me all about the part... I was to be a bikini girl on a billboard advertising a golf course that the main character Mo'Nique drives by. She's a curvaceous African American comedian and from what I'm told, a lot of her schtick has to do with hating "skinny girls". So she's driving out to Palm Springs I think it was and she drives by this billboard and I'm on it and she makes some comment about hating skinny bitches. It sounded like a cool enough part. And, of course, I was really excited about the opportunity to be in my very first movie! However, when I got to the set, I noticed that the type of camera that they were using along with a few other things didn't make me feel confident that they would be able to make a billboard out of the photos. It's kind of hard to explain unless you've been in the business for a while! I had showed up to the set with my camera man (for the behind the scenes shots) and he had the same doubts that I did. And what made matters worse... the camera woman seemed like she had never taken photos of girls in bikinis before. I thought for sure we weren't going to make the final edit. However, this is one time that I am glad that I was wrong! I must say that I am pleasantly surprised and I now have my very first movie credit on IMDB. Yay!

Anyway, I hope I at least look cute in the movie and Mo'Nique doesn't make us look totally stupid. It wasn't a high budget film or anything... we didn't have hair or makeup or any of that so I'm a bit scared. Plus, like I said... the photographer was as green as grass when it came to shooting bikini girls... so you never know if the shots are going to turn out flattering.

The director was so nice... it was her directorial debut. She thanked me profusely for being such a "professional" and said that she would keep me in mind for any future projects that she had. Bless her heart! :) That had made the whole shoot worthwhile and at that point, I didn't even care if I got to be in the final cut movie or not. It's nice to work for people who are happy with the job that you do. And I just think it's cool that she made sure that we got a credit and kept us in her film. I wish I had a way to thank her! I can't wait to see the movie! If anybody out there reading this did, let me know if you remember me. *Giggle*

XoXoX,
Bobbi Billard

0 comments: