Sunday, August 21, 2005

Prego! It's In There!!

Good morning! I got up around 8ish this morning. I was going to go to do a spin class and then go for a private pilates lesson but unfortunately, my calves are so sore that even walking hurts. So I called my instructor and told her that I wasn't going to be able to make it today. Luckily, she was cool about it and understood. I just hope I don't get charged as if I had gone anyway because those private pilates lessons are expensive!

Yesterday I went to my mom's house because she was having problems with her computer. Today I am going back with a new hard drive and a copy of Windows 2000. She was using Windows ME before so we have to do something about that! Windows ME sucks ass! I was going off when I found out she had bought a computer with that operating system. I was like, "MOM! Take it back!" LOL!

Oh, I don't think I ever told you guys... or maybe I did, I can't remember. My sister is Prego! That's slang that I invented to use instead of the word pregnant. You have to admit, that's pretty funny and clever. It's the perfect code word. Prego is a brand of spaghetti sauce. And their motto is "It's In There!" LOL! Anyway, I'm going to be an auntie. Crazyness! Oh well... at least that means that my mom won't be bugging me to procreate. And she already has her "grand-dog" anyway. *Giggle!*

Anyway, I finally got those pictures from that photographer that was holding them back. And I think I figured out why he didn't want to give them to me. And it's funny because somebody suggested that what probably happened was that he had accidentally fucked up a bunch of the pics and was too embarrassed to send them to me. The photographer's response? "I never fuck up my work... NEVER"! Famous last words! I got the pics and half of them are so dark that they are worthless. If that was why he was trying to blow me off, he should have just said, "Hey Bobbi, I'm sorry the pictures didn't come out well." Everything would be have been good then. I would have been disappointed, of course, but I would have respected the honesty a bit more and it sure would have beat me having to ride his ass for months and months while he blew me off repeatedly. Now I acquired an enemy out of this whole situation. I mean not from where I stand because I don't have the time nor the energy to hate people. But this guy hates me now and is talking crap about me to people that I know. I just think that this was a really fucked up situation and I am very disappointed that it had to come to this. And I'm completely baffled as to why he is going around talking shit about me when he has to know deep down where he lives that I was just frustrated with getting the runaround and just wanted to get my pics from him. Anyway, live and learn. I learned a valuable lesson. No matter how much experience I have in this business, I can still make mistakes and run across problems. I'm definitely not bulletproof. It would be wise for me to tighten things up even more with my rules regarding contracts. I need to have in depth discussions with photographers before a shoot takes place. This will help to prevent a situation like this from taking place again. I think from now on I'm going to shoot solely with Dean Capture, and people that I have worked with in the past already, and maybe a few others that I've been wanting to work with for a long time. I may do the occasional trade but all of the details regarding the shoot will need to be put forth in writing prior to us working together. And the rule is that I am not leaving until you burn me a cd on the spot unless I've worked with you before and I already know that your word is good.

XoXoX,
BB
www.BobbiBillard.com

0 comments: