Thursday, June 30, 2005

For the ladies (& metro-sexual guys too)... BB's Beauty Secrets :)

I was recently asked what my beauty secrets are by one of my friends here on MySpace. I thought I would share them here with you all.

Anybody that knows me, knows that I am the "Queen of Stuff". My friends all trip out on all the beauty products that I have acquired over the years. I could literally open up a beauty supply store with all the stuff that I have in my bathroom.

I can save you the hassle of wasting your money on worthless products because I've tried a zillion things over the years. I've even added links to my favorite products that REALLY WORK! Here are my tips for taking care of yourself and keeping a youthful look for as long as possible...

I never tan my face. I use sunscreen AND always put a towel over my face when I am in the tanning bed. I swear by Mystic Tan (www.MysticTan.com for a location near you) the day before photoshoots and appearances. I try to limit my tanning to once or twice a week.

I wear sunscreen on my face (SPF 35) every day. I like Vanicream ($11.00) which is free of dyes, fragrance & masking fragrance, parabens, lanolin, & formaldehyde.

I only wear makeup if I am going out at night or when I am doing a photoshoot. Never ever during the day. I feel that this gives your skin a break from foundations and powders which can clog your skin.

I drink lots of water. I recommend my favorites, Penta or VOSS. I mix one packet of Borba Skin Balance with 16 oz. of cold water twice a day. One packet of the Replenishing - Lychee for Dry/Dehydrated Skin ($100) in the morning & one packet of the Age Defying - Acai ($100) at night.

I try to get lots of "beauty sleep" whenever possible.

I swear by the Skin and Total Body Nutritional Supplements from N.V. Perricone ($120 for a one month supply). They are expensive but worth every penny.

These are the beauty products that I recommend:


Eye Cream:

Fresh - Lotus Eye Gel ($45) in the morning.
Fresh - Eye Balm Repair and Restore ($65) at night.

Lips:

Clinique - All About Lips ($20)

Skin:

Philosophy Purity One-Step Facial Cleanser ($20 or $32 depending on size)
Peter Thomas Roth - Botanical Buffing Beads ($30)
Peter Thomas Roth - Glycolic Acid Clarifying Tonic ($30)
DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew ($31)
Fresh - Rose Marigold Tonic Water ($30)

Anti Aging Treatment:

Skin Medica - TNS Recovery Complex ($123.50)
Another expensive product but this stuff is amazing! It is the first skin care product in the world to contain naturally found proteins, amino acids, and antioxidants that our bodies use to help stimulate the skin to repair itself when damaged by the sun. Twice daily application improves the appearance of the skin, makes fine lines appear less visible, and gives the skin a healthier look.


Special Treatments:

Peter Thomas Roth - Oxygen Detoxifying Masque ($50) Once a week.

And to think that some people think that being a model isn't tough work!

1 comments:

Alegra said...

Thanks for the tips! I have to try those products ~ Im a beauty product junkie too :)