Sunday, October 10, 2004

Shhh!! Be vawy vawy quiet... I'm hunting wabbits!

Long time no post. I've had an interesting week. I've got tons of stuff going on right now. Busy busy busy! I went to L.A. yesterday and got a wild hair and decided that I wanted to re-pierce my belly button. I've had my belly button pierced twice now but it closed up again, or so I thought. When I was in Kentucky at wrestling practice, we were practicing getting thrown out of the ring over the top rope and I took my belly button ring out and set it aside because I was afraid that it might get caught on the ropes and get ripped out. I set my very favorite platinum and diamond belly button ring on a table and forgot all about getting it when class was over. Of course I remembered after I had left school, but no worries... I assumed that it would be sitting right there where I had left it. The next day, I went to class all bright eyed and bushy tailed and looked on the table and it was nowhere to be seen. So I asked if OVW had a a "Lost and Found" or if someone had seen it. I mean doesn't every school have a "Lost and Found"? I was told that there wasn't a "Lost and Found" and if anything was found, it would be thrown away. Hmmmm... That's interesting! I could have sworn that people have left their stanky knee or elbow pads at class and they would be there the next day but whatever! It was my fault. I shouldn't have left it there. I was just too scared to go up to the bleachers and put it away in my purse. That Rip Rogers guy scared the crap out of me and I didn't want to get yelled at. I was so gunshy at that place, it was not even funny. I tried to walk around on eggshells. Those people were on my ass hardcore and I had already gotten the nickname of being one of the "Bad News Blondes" from Ivory so I didn't want to do one single thing wrong to give them any ammunition against me. I definitely wasn't having the best luck holding onto my nice jewelry throughout that experience. For the record, I rarely lose stuff. I am so anal about keeping track of everything, that it is practically impossible. This type of stuff is a rare occurrence for me. First my diamond earrings "got lost" the day that I got my developmental contract and now my expensive belly button ring was gone too. And with us practicing 8 hour days, 6 days a week, and sometimes having to go to shows on top of that, there was no way in hell I was going to be able to find the time to go to a body piercing store in Louisville and pick up a new one. Besides, I had heard that your belly button closes up from the outside in, in a matter of a day or so. Also, at that time, I didn't have a car out there and I absolutely hate asking people for favors, so I just figured it was a lost cause.

So I go in to re-pierce for what was going to be the third time and I buy the jewelry, sign the forms, and meet with the piercer. I'm all nervous and everything... Why? I don't know because it doesn't hurt that bad! I start telling him that I've had my ring out since February and I'm not entirely sure that it closed up already. So he decides to try to put a ring through there to see what happens. It went right in. Ok... now I feel like a jackass now for wasting his time. And I really don't know what the hell I was thinking when I picked out my ring. It was the cutest one that they had, a Playboy Bunny half ring but it wasn't very practical. I had a ring that was very similar to this one in the past and I took it out because the ears jab me in the tummy when I sit down. Not a very good idea for someone that sits and works on the computer quite a bit. It's getting to be pretty damn unbearable!

All in all it was a good day. I'm really glad that I didn't have to deal with healing all over again, washing it twice a day, and the sea salt compresses. Plus, I was a little sketched out on the fact that I had just had neck surgery. I didn't want to do anything that might potentially mess with my healing process. I know that when I go to the dentist for my cleanings, I have to take antibiotics before I go in now. So if them scraping away at your teeth could potentially create a problem, I can imagine that piercing your belly might too, even though the people at the piercing shop said it would be fine.

I stayed up on the computer last night until some ridiculous hour. I think I ended up going to bed at like 6 am or something and I had the hardest time falling asleep. It's always nice being on Vampire Hours and listening to the paperboy deliver the morning paper and realizing that you are still awake and screwing around on the computer at the crack of dawn. Isn't it just fabulous to bed when the sun is coming up? I hate when I get on this schedule but somehow I always manage. The computer sucks me in. Then I end up staying up late and sleeping all day. And so becomes the beginning of a bad vicious cycle. Note to self: Go to bed at a decent hour tonite. Wait scratch that... Virginia Marie is coming over tonite. At least I got a lot of stuff done. And I even had time to play on www.myspace.com, as well as chat with Sarah from Australia on AOL. I also went online shopping for a couple new rings because I can't deal with these damn bunny ears poking me anymore. Besides, I had to replace my beloved belly button ring that got lost somewhere in Kentucky. I found two really cool sites for high-end platinum and diamond belly button rings. The first one, http://www.mybellyring.com was the same place that I purchased the one that I had lost. And the second site, http://www.bellybella.com is my new favorite. I have two new rings on the way. I hope they send em quick because this bunny one is brutal! Finally, almost everything that I lost on my little adventure to Louisville has been replaced... except for little bit of a broken heart <3 and spirit! I'll get it back though... there's nothing that a little time and TLC can't fix!

XoXoX,
Bobbi B.
http://www.BobbiBillard.com

0 comments: