Saturday, June 5, 2004

Oh my... myelogram!

I'm super bummed about my injury! I was really looking forward to learning more about wrestling and now I am almost sure that I need surgery. Even though I was one of the few that did not get injured on W.O.W. (until the very last event for WOW where I sprained my shoulder - AC), our practices were only 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. I guess that my poor neck couldn't handle the 8 hours of straight bumping like a crash test dummy every day, 5-6 days a week. Not many could. Some of us were dropping off like flies. It sucks because I really really wanted to wrestle... Anyway, I'll be writing more about my experiences soon since I am sure that a lot of you are curious. I'd like everyone to know what goes down at OVW and what the life of a WWE developmental wrestler is like.

I've been trying my best to recover from my neck injury. It's tough to go from being such an active person to being in pain every day 24/7. My doctor has ordered some tests. One is a myelogram and the other is an EMG (ncy). I went in for the myelogram on Wednesday. I was a wreck up until the test! Stupid me... I was trying to research what the test was all about and ran across this site: http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/ubb/Forum259/HTML/015379.html
Stupid myelogram from hell website! That site scared the shit out of me! I barely slept the night before, and then when it came time to do the myelogram, I almost chickened out because of all that crap that I read. I have to admit, it is scary... even if you aren't reading a site full of experiences of myelograms from hell. When you read what they are going to do to you (take a sample of your spinal fluid and inject you with dye), it's enough to cause some major anxiety! I just hope I do ok during the next test (EMG).

I've been recooping from the myelo ok. I had to lay flat for 24 hours so that the dye can flush out of your body. Actually, I had to lay flat longer (almost 2 full days) because everytime that I stood up, I would get horrible migraines. The only issue that I have now is that my lower back hurts. I feel a little cramping/pain back there, plus it is really sore where they stuck the needle in me. I just hope that the back pain goes away and it is not permanent. That's the last thing I need... back AND neck pain! I'll write more later. My neck is hurting me too bad to type any more.

XoXoX,
Bobbi B.
http://www.BobbiBillard.com

0 comments: