Monday, June 28, 2004

More news in case you care...

To Etovar and David and everyone else who was so kind as to be concerned about my upcoming surgery,

I postponed it. I didn't want to go to the first doctor that wanted to operate on me without getting a second and third and maybe even a fourth opinion and fifth opinion and then go from there. Surgery is a big deal and I just want to make sure of what I'm getting myself into. As of right now I've had 2 opinions. One doctor, Dr. Chon who is with the Kerlan Jobe Clinic (of the Lakers and the Ducks fame) recommended surgery and wanted to go in through the back of my neck. He was kind of rush with me because they are so busy there. I didn't really get to ask him all that much because I was trying to be considerate. Typical me! LOL! I wish I had asked more questions but I am a little more informed now about these proceedures so I won't make these mistakes with the rest of the doctors that I see. The second doctor disagreed about going in through the back of my neck and explained why. He said that he needs to go in through the front of the neck and do a one level (possibly 2 level) fusion. You see, he's not entirely sure if I need 1 or 2 levels. I definitely need my c6-c7 fused. Your c6-c7 affects your middle and index finger as well as your tricep muscle. My index and middle fingers are numb and my tricep muscle is shot. He has me do these tests and I shake on my left side struggling to try and do what my right side is doing. I can't even do a pushup. I've also lost one or more of my reflexes on my right side. I don't know what that means with all of this but they hit me with that hammer thing and it's dead. I think that my c5-c6 is involved and this is what the doctor is unsure about. If the c5-c6 is involved, you get numbness in your index finger and your thumb and your bicep is involved. My thumb and index fingers are numb and tingly, and I can't flex my bicep. I don't know what the tests showed him. I think that is why he is unsure. He tells me that I am very young to be having this done. He said if I were in my 40s, he'd go in and do a 2 level fusion for sure. But at my age he says, that he's reluctant to do both because I'll lose mobility in my neck and might develop arthritis in my neck later on in life. He only wants to do it if he thinks it is definitely necessary and this is why he's not sure. I asked him, "Can't you just go in there and look and see what's going on and then do it from there?". He told me that it doesn't work that way. The second doctor spent a lot of time going over everything with me and he even made me an appointment with a doctor called Dr. Dennis to verify with him if he is on the same page about the 1 or 2 level fusion. Both of these doctors have really good reputations around here. I have an appointment at 4 pm today with a Dr. Jacques Palmer who is supposed to be really good. I've been waiting for months to get in with him so that must be a sign. He's a neurosurgeon. I guess we'll see what his take is on all of this. And WWE is talking about sending me to Dr. Youngblood in San Antonio. He's the one who did a bunch of the wrestlers necks (Stone Cold's, Lita's, etc.). I'm excited to hear what he has to say but first I need to find out about one thing. I spent a bit of time researching him on the net and on his website it says that they take a bone graft from your hip. I asked the last doctor that I saw about all of this and he said that they have stuff that is good as bone now and not to let anyone take part of my hip bone. And I'd prefer not to have another scar because of my modeling career if they do in fact have stuff that is as good as bone for these proceedures. It's bad enough that I'm going to have a scar on the front of my neck! It's not worth it to have 2 scars if I can avoid it. I need to find out if he is still doing it this way and if he is, why. That's where I am at guys. I promise to keep you all posted if I can. If I don't have the time to type what's going on, I promise to let Vee, Bill, and/or Sarah know and I'll have them pass the message on for me. Thanks again for all of your concern and support with all of this.

Also, in response to the latest response from W.W.E. or whomever that is saying that Ivory said those things to us in a promo, I'd just like to let you know that I know perfectly well what the difference is between a promo and a shoot. This most definitely was done during wrestling practice. We did our promos once a week in front of the class and sometimes we even did them in a separate room. We never did them in the ring. Ivory did cut promos on Tasha and I in front of the class before. I wasn't talking about that. What I was speaking about in my journal was during a wrestling class. Can anybody out there read? Tap Tap! Is this thing on? Nice excuse but no dice people! Sorry!

Oh and I forgot to respond to that OVW comment that I came there with a HUGE CHIP ON MY SHOULDER like I was THE BEST THERE EVER WAS IN WOMEN'S WRESTLING! That kills me (in a good way)! I've never laughed so hard in my life! I thank them for the new inside joke amongst my friends. Whenever a friend is on the phone with me and someone asks who they are talking to and they say, "Bobbi" I tell them to add in a sarcastic voice, "Just tell them that I was THE BEST THERE EVER WAS IN WOMEN'S WRESTLING!" LMFAO! That's my new line! Thanks again OVW! :)

XoXoX,
Bobbi B.
http://www.BobbiBillard.com

0 comments: